This website is in English. You can also view it in another language.
Who Is UN-Limited Mobility?
Imagine Your Life Without Limitations. UN-Limit Yourself. Now imagine there was a place you could go to get information on how to do this step by step. Imagine that place was filled with people who are either beginning that same journey or halfway through it. Now imagine you could hear the stories of their journeys. Let's imagine that there was a two way conversation between yourself and that community that built friendships that lasted lifetimes. Just imagine while we are here that we could get reviews and walkthroughs to help us navigate the amazing places we would travel to. We are imagining this type of place for you. We are also attempting to create it. This is UN-Limited Mobility.
Follow us as we shine the light on the people who choose to want to live life fully without limitations. Even though you may have some areas of your life that are physically unable to support full function, it doesn't mean that it has to change your ability to become upwardly mobile in life, the lives of others and your community. I believe that everyone has no limit to their potential and it's our job to shed a light to the journey of those that are relentlessly seeking an UN-Limited lifestyle.
What Does UN-Limited Mobility Do?
My goal is to positively affect people in a few different areas:
1. Multimedia - Our team of volunteer video professionals travel the globe and deliver high quality life stories and short testimonials of the journeys that our followers take to live a life without limitations. Our podcasts typically are delivered weekly through this link http://podbean.unlimitedmobility.com
2. Inspiration - We truly believe that by sharing positive information and reinforcing positive habits that we can set the stage for our minds to deliver the energy our bodies need and sometimes even heal them. So we continue to stay positive in all areas, remembering that their is always the chance we can take another step forward and we can never allow ourselves to get stuck in what lies behind us.
3. Travel - Travel changes our perspective and expands our imaginations. Although, when you are limited physically in some manner it can be difficult and for some daunting to travel into the unknown without help. So we aspire to become the guidepost for people that want to live life without limitations! We travel frequently to far off places and report through our postings on social media (short form) and blogs (long form reviews) on everything from accessibility, food, costs, pro tips & entertainment. This way you can rest assured that when you get to your destination, you are well informed on how to save yourself time and in most cases money.
How Can I Support UN-Limited Mobility
Unlimited Mobility raises money for its efforts through a few ways.
1. Fundraiser Events - We will host a few events each year that highlights the efforts of the UN-Crowd and engages other people to learn how they can help more people become part of the UN-Crowd or partner with us to start your own UN-Crowd event.
2. Follow Us - Please go to our social media pages and share them with your friends & family. This helps us to create buzz around our cause and attract people to get help or at least become more inspired and informed.
Instagram - @un-limitedmobility
Facebook - @un-limitedmobility
Twitter - @Un_LimitedMobi
3. Send Cash or Buy Something - Nope. We are not above asking. If you look at our kickstarter page(coming soon)you will see that we have some items for sale. Please grab a T Shirt, Wristband or any other item that you find cool. We use the monies collected to drive our efforts on and offline. Plus, if you're one of the UN-Crowd - it's a way to show your support.
A Word From The Founder
In 2014 our founder TC Bell was diagnosed with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis. Here is his story.
"I remember it like yesterday. My wife and I got married and right before the honeymoon we learned that I was a new member of the MS Family. I remember going through different areas in my life at that point. At first, I wasn't impacted as much as some people physically so I didn't think much about it. I mean I felt good. I looked healthy. I just limped every now and then and got fatigued a lot quicker. We still traveled and soon I had to learn where my "Pause Points" were, but I still didn't really feel any different. The type of MS I have is pretty gradual it could take 10 or 20 years before you are really slowing down alot for some people. So I convinced myself I was going to be some people. The doctor told me I had about 10 years left to walk. So I told myself I was going to make the best of my time. See, time can work for people in two ways. You can either let the time give you urgency and purpose or you can let the time give you anxiety and fear. If we realize what our purpose is and how we can help affect others. We can quickly realize that fear has no room next to living intentionally.
I started going back to the gym, eating right, exercising and soon I wanted to do more. I wanted to see the world. More than that, I wanted to show the world to people that can't get there or hasn't left yet. The first part of UN-Limited Mobility is the pre-fix "UN". Accurately speaking the definition for "UN" is to give opposing force to a word. Our purpose is to oppose the forces that tell you anything negative about yourself due to physical limitations in your life. You can live life mobile even if you can't walk. You can see what I mean even if you are blind and you can understand what I'm saying even if you can't hear. If you are part of the UN-Crowd, not the IN-crowd, you will quickly see that we don't just believe in living life without limitations. We make some type of game out of pushing the norm of people like us and prefer to amaze you than ask for your sympathy. The UN-Crowd is a special breed and we understand that everyone isn't willing to disconnect. That's ok. The UN-Crowd is here to set the pace. We will be here when you're ready and we will keep going if you're not. So follow us online as we chronicle, document and display great things from these Amazing People Who Live Life Without Limitations."
This was a delicious meal for me starting out as a beginner. I literally spent a under $20 and was able to get something I could cook quickly and was full of rich flavors. Don't believe the hype you don't have to eat bland foods on the Keto Diet. This is the biggest difference I see here and from years ago when I was on the Atkins Diet. Very similar but years later I can definitely say the landscape of recipes has changed quite a bit. This will be one of my "Go-To" recipes when I'm busy but want a full flavored meal. I modified it a bit by watering down a tablespoon of Soy Sauce. I didn't know if I should use it or not on Keto.
Check out the full recipe below.
OK so don't judge me. It's the 2nd day Keto and I'm really amazed at the results. I wake up everyday with a clear mind, sleeping straight through the night. I don't feel hungry at all (surprising enough). I've been going all day with full energy and a clear mind. NOTE: You've got to ensure you are drinking a lot of water. I noticed that when I don't I tend to feel dry, hands lips etc. So, I keep a nice sized water bottle just to be on the safe side. I have also decided that sometimes I just don't have enough time to stop at home and eat. Plus, i'm not very good a prepping my food right now(working on it...) So, lucky for you I'm listing my top 3 fast food restaurants that actually have menu items that we can count on. You can save yourself some time by trying these or let me know what you find for those times when you are not able to grab the prepped food from the lunch box. Remember, this should in no way be a substitute for a balanced Keto/plant & Protein based diet. I just wanted to share this information for those of us that may share the same problems as me. Time is the only thing we can't make more of. Let me know which fast food restaurants you've found and what items are under our carb/sugar counts. #UNCROWD
Here's a link to the complete nutrition info here.
2. JIMMY JOHN'S
Although you can really order any sandwich as an "Un-Wich" I stick with the Turkey Tom(my fav). The Turkey Tom has only turkey and if you just order the basic sandwich has only 1 Carbohyrdrate. As indicated on this nutrition guide
3. WING STOP
The wings I like to go with at are the bone-in Jumbo wings without the sauce. I suggest you try to stay away from the sauce unless it's some that are very low in carbs and sugar. This can be common in condiments and you should definitely be aware of what you add to the meal. Sometimes we ruin the diet by the extras which can be counter productive.
If you want to look for yourself at the best options click here for their downloadable nutrition guide.
I will warn you this is not for idulgence the cholestrol for about 6 of these is pretty high and the although the carbs are low...the calories from fat run up pretty quick. If you are in need of a the wing fix like i am from time to time. I still do it anyway but only 4 to 6 vs. the 6 to 12 I used to roll with.